The FUFA Women Super League is buzzing with activity as the transfer window has seen more than 60 notable deals, including Ugandan players making their mark abroad.
Within the league, several clubs have fortified their rosters with impressive signings:
- Wakiso Hill WFC secured Zaitun Namaganda (from Gafford), Fatumah Nakasumba (free agent), Teopista Apino (from She Corporate FC), Prossy Nashipond (from Byafaayo Queens), Maureen Kimono (from Goldstar), Banura Phoebe (from She Corporate FC), and Rashida Nankya (from Lady Doves).
- Lady Doves welcomed Marsha Omary (from Fountain Gate, Tanzania), Barbara Aciro, Amoding Siporosa (from Olila HS WFC), Apiding Cecilia (from Olila HS WFC), Winnie Nabbaale (from She Corporate), Ciccy Kabarwani (from Tooro Queens), Mwanaid Idd Kassim (from The Tigers, Tanzania), Dablat Omar (Mbagala, Tanzania), Nankya Joan Tusime (from Jinja SS), and Beatrice Batamuriza.
- Rines SS WFC added Florence Nazizi (from Lady Doves) and retained several key players while promoting talented academy graduates.
- Asubo Ladies FC made notable signings, including Esther Namataka, Christine Namataka, Halimah Nambaffu, and Diana Natukunda.
- Uganda Martyrs Lubaga WFC brought in Cecilia Kamuli, Ruth Nyakato, Shaminah Nakalyowa, Sharon Kanyiginya, Nabirah Nakitto, and Shakirah Nagudi.
- Kampala Queens FC strengthened their squad with the likes of Fazila Ikwaput, Florence Imanizabayo, Catherine Nagadya, Patience Nabulobi, and Esther Namusoke. They also added Shakirah Nyinagahirwa and Samalie Nakacwa on loan.
- She Makerere featured Noeline Namiro (from She Corporate FC) and Violet Kyererezi (from Tooro Queens).
- Kawempe Muslim Ladies FC bolstered their squad with Mary Kabuculezi (from Tooro Queens) and Yudaya Nakayenze.
- She Maroons signed Suzan Atim (from She Corporate FC).
It’s worth noting that the former champions, She Corporate FC, who were relegated last season, have secured the signing of Shivan Tumusime from Asubo Ladies FC.
The international stage has also seen Ugandan players leaving their mark:
- Midfielder Ritticia Nabbosa left Fountain Gates Princess FC to join Simba Queens.
- Striker Joanitah Ainembabazi signed with Simba Queens FC, departing She Corporate FC.
- Forward Viola Nambi made a significant move to Pomigliano Calcio in Italy from IFK Kalmar.
- Free agent Sandra Nabweteme completed her transfer to Kdz. Ereğli Belediye Spor in Turkey.
- Forwards Sharon Nadunga and Ashiat Naluggwa ventured to Lindsey College in the USA.
- Stella Musibika joined Ceasiaa Queens in Tanzania, departing She Corporate FC.
- Crested Cranes striker Shiraz Natasha completed a transfer to Ireland, signing with Shelbourne FC.
- Crested Cranes goalkeeper Vanessa Edith Karungi made her move to FC Nordsjælland in Denmark from B93 Boldkluben.
- Defender Aisha Nantongo secured a transfer to Danish first division team Aalborg BK from Kawempe Muslim Ladies FC.
- Midfielder Joan Nabirye set her sights on Belarus, joining FC Minsk from Kampala Queens FC.
The 2023/24 FUFA Women Super League season is set to kick off on 15th October, with reigning champions Kampala Queens FC looking to defend their title. These exciting transfers have added a new level of anticipation and intrigue to the upcoming season.